DIRECTOR OF STUDENT MINISTRIES
Faith Christian Reformed Church
The Director of Student Ministries provides leadership in planning and implementing ministry engagements for ages 18 and under in order to create and nurture an environment in which spiritual formation and leader/peer fellowship are cultivated. Faith Church seeks to be inclusive of the wide range of diversity and backgrounds represented in our congregation as well as in the community around us. Our mission and vision is to be Christ followers who are growing in faith and who reach out in love. This guides all of our ministries, including youth and children.
High School Ministry (HSM) and Middle School Ministry (MSM)
Plan and implement regular gatherings in cooperation with volunteer leaders and student leaders. Ordinarily, each group will meet twice per month (HSM on Sunday evenings and MSM on Wednesday evenings).
Plan and facilitate yearly retreats for each group.
Organize and lead an intergenerational service-learning opportunity.
Support students in extracurricular activities, and be present at school and
community events as appropriate.
Engage students in a yearly one-on-one or small group activity as able/
Offer support and training to mentors, and oversee the mentoring program.
Cast vision and provide leadership and administrative support to Wednesday
evening programs in collaboration with volunteer leaders.
Plan and organize Sunday School for grades 6-12, and provide partnership
and support to the preschool-5th grade Sunday School Coordinator.
Organize and oversee seasonal ministry engagements such as the Children’s
Christmas Program or VBS.
Oversee and encourage the Worship Center Coordinators and Nursery
Partner with other staff and ministry leaders to incorporate children in
worship, service, hospitality, etc.
Facilitate the Prayer Partner program.
Maintain clear and consistent communication with parents, volunteers, and
the congregation as a whole.
Track program expenses in keeping with the annual budget, and assist the
Discipleship Team in annual budget planning.
Ensure that annual background checks are completed for all volunteers
working with children.
4. Assist program leaders in requesting and collecting paperwork for medical and permission releases.
5. Manage and support volunteer scheduling and involvement on Sunday mornings (nursery, Worship Center, processional, Sunday school, etc).
4. Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, vision, and ministry of the diverse Faith Church community.
1. Commitment to Jesus Christ and demonstration of a growing, vibrant faith.
2. Gifted at building relationships with youth and enthusiasm for seeing them grow in
3. Ability to work well with teams and equip volunteers.
4. Passion for intergenerational relationships and enfolding youth and children into
the life of the church.
5. Skilled at communicating and listening, conflict management, and critical/creative
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Experience providing leadership in a church setting is preferred. Candidates should be familiar with Reformed theology and worldview. Special consideration will be given to candidates able to speak Spanish.
The Director of Student Ministries will be accountable to the Pastor of Discipleship and Care, and will work in tandem with the Discipleship Team and other staff as necessary.
This is a full time, salaried position. Hours will vary by church season. This position requires some travel. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.